Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hobo Dreams

I hear it's possible to rent a flat in Beijing for 45 US dollars per month and live in this rather wonderful place (I'm thinking the next summer when it's warm out here). The cons of renting plan are that such a place is a dump. First of, there's no heating (but I wonder, if in Finland one can buy a portable heater for small money, it shouldn't be that difficult here either). And the dump might lack other stuff as well. Don't know about if it has running water or not. But public toilets are everywhere and thanks to the communistic era, they are free! This is just one of my plans that run along the lines of earning a salary in a rich country and then going to spend it carefully and slowly in a cheap country. Preferably in a big city.

(to post a comment to this blog without giving your email, please use my sister site at http://www.peking.suntuubi.com/ Just leave all the fields blank)

No comments:

Post a Comment